What i learnt from the transitioning of Radio Continental to Max Fm


There were speculations that federal government of Nigeria had ordered NBC to shut down radio continental 102.3fm due to political reasons. The management of the company however said that they switched to Max fm to target young audience and change the radio station to non-stop music station.

I moved to Lagos about a year ago, I was surprised that Radio stations run 24hrs, 7days. I love to listen to radio program and morning news so i decided to tune that fateful day and landed on RC 102.3 FM.

The station run different programs that i loved, that made me to stick to them and didn't bother change the channel for over 10 months. I learnt a lot by listening to people's stories on RC102.3 FM by love doctor Daniel Apata and I was even surprised that people from Lagos will be calling radio station between midnight and 3am.
I later discovered chat hour by Olayemi Ogunwole (Honeypot) where people discuss or contribute on different issues from all of the world and i love the fact that we have very old people calling in to share their own experience. The show literally connect all the listeners together and the beautiful laughter of honey pot can wipe away a sorrow, the grace of God is in her life and laughter.  I later get to know about Debby Extra and Wale powpowpow of the wetin dey family. I was so addicted to the programs that if my friend should tune to another station, i will quickly tune back to RC102.3 FM.
How come i didn't see the transition coming. Maybe i knew but i wasn't just paying enough attention and wasn't expecting that such could happen.

The lessons learnt is to always have other options when you stick to something, so that when the worst happens, you won't be caught unaware and you will always be ready to move on without feeling too bad. I missed all the programs on RC 102.3 FM.

I wish Max 102.3 FM all the best but i have moved on and will check once in a while to see what's happening.

Comments